Please see the attached news release for an update from the Health Department on COVID-19 vaccinations.
And some additional information.
- Those individuals 65 and older may receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning next week! (starting January 25, 2021)
- Bayfield County Health Department has requested vaccine to administer. The State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) will determine the number of doses the Health Department receives.
- To get on the waiting list to receive the vaccine
– register at https://bayfieldcounty.wi.gov/formcenter/health-8/online-form-to-register-for-COVID19-Vacc-143 or call 715.373.3324. Leave your name, age and phone number.
- Residents do not need to call after pre-registering. The Health Department will call to schedule appointments based on the amount of vaccine being received.
- The Vaccine Clinic is being held at the St. Louis School in Washburn – next to the St. Louis Catholic Church – 713 N Washington Ave, Washburn.
- Arrive a few minutes before your appointment, confirm your appointment, fill out required forms and read through the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) Information.
- After receiving your shot you will be asked to wait at least 15 minutes form the noted time to assure you have no strong reactions to the vaccine.
- An appointment for your second shot will be scheduled before you leave.
The process will be ongoing. Changes may be made before I hit “send”. We are asking patience and flexibility as we try to get “as much vaccine into arms as possible” in the next few weeks.
Take care for yourselves…and others.
Wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart, and stay at home whenever possible.