7/12/2021 – July Town Board Minutes

JULY 12, 2021

PW Town Meeting Minutes 07-12-2021

Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm, by Chairman, Russell Bailey. Present were Russell Bailey, Ken Bodeen, Scott Jardine, Marge Ogren, Pam Holt, Nora Tribys, Brett Bodeen, Troy Kavajecz and DuWayne Zupke.

Motion was made to accept the minutes as presented by Ken, second by Scott. All in favor. Motion was made by Ken to accept the treasurer’s report with a second by Scott. All in favor.

Citizen’s Input – Devon Brown – would like permission to have a food cart to sell mini donuts. He would like to setup and sell during the Saturday Market and was asking about town regulations. He has a license pending with Bayfield County. Board had no objection.


Kinney Valley Road Bridge Update – DNR Survey was completed showing no endangered species in the project area. Ken is working on permit. We will be letting out for bids this winter for spring work.

Health & Recreation Grant – We will be sending out letters to local organizations and business requesting donations to help fund the work that needs to be completed for the Health & Recreation project. We will get the fence started and discuss getting blacktop resurfaced when the work is going through town for Highway 13.

Mice/Pest Control at town hall. Will call for estimate.

Water/Sewer & Land Use at 82930 White Birch Road. Bayfield County approved placing mobile home on site for a 1-Unit short term rental. Water and sewer will need to be hooked up before placement.

Sewer repair – 9300 Gust Road. A part was made to hook up tank, so old pump is now working. Road crew has not heard back from plumbers to get quotes on completing the project. We have not heard back from the property owner concerning the letter sent out stating that they are responsible for electric hook up. The expense for pumping out tank is town’s responsibility.

Land Survey was completed for the cemetery.


Fire Dept/Ambulance reports read.

The revaluation of assessments is underway as required by the State of Wisconsin. Proposed date for Open Book is September 7, 2021 and Board of Review is September 13, 2021. Pam will contact assessor to make sure those dates work.

ARPA funds have been received. Need a list of potential projects. These projects are to improve the town’s infrastructure and/or COVID relief.

No short-term rental request for 83010 Washington was received. No action necessary.

Ball Park on White Birch Road – Fish Boil Club maintains the property (The Town owns it). Scott Jardine feels the town should maintain the park and charge a fee to use the ballpark. He figures it is about 150 hours per season to maintain. This was discussed and the cost to run the park is very expensive and we do not have groups using it to charge a fee. Scott feels the labor and equipment between the town and the Fish Boil club should be consolidated.

Town Hall use – Pickleball does not pay any fees to use. Marge would like to see the hall used to play cards, board games, etc. and was wondering if there should be a fee. It was discussed and no fees will be charged as long as the people using the hall clean up after themselves.

Alley way traffic – discussed stop/yield signs. No action taken.

Shingles on Salt Shed. Discussed proposal for Mark Johnson to help re-shingle. Cost to town will be $350-400 (plus materials).

Gutters on town hall/pavilion – agreed to split cost with Fish Boil Club. Will discuss after Fish Boil in September.


OPERATOR’S INPUT: Troy reported on recent activities of the Town Crew: Follow up with the request from County Parks and Rec asking for the town to do routine grading on DNR Road. County is willing to give funds to Town for upkeep – Troy will let them know there is a $150/hour fee for grading. County will pay 50% of the 36” culvert on White Birch Road. Sipsas is hauling more gravel. There is a flat tire on brusher tractor – waiting to get it fixed. Crew has been putting down blacktop patch where needed. A commercial grade dehumidifier was

purchased and is working great. Speed limit signs going up on Big Pete’s Road. Troy and DuWayne will be attending a class in Rice Lake for continuing ed for the wastewater license.

Additional Citizen’s Input – Chris Tribys is looking at restoring the old “Wigwam” building and was wondering how the sewer line would come in. Looking for ways to redevelop.

Next meeting set for Monday, August 9, 2021 at 7pm. Meeting adjourned by Scott with a second by Ken.

Respectively Submitted by Pam Lawrenz Holt, Town Clerk